Diet plays an important asset to strengthen our immune system and improve our vital tone. In these days of confinement, eating healthy is essential. Here are six gold tips!
In the period of the quarantine forced by the Coronavirus health crisis, both adults and children must keep fit, also through food. In fact, there is a close relationship between Coronavirus and food.
A kitchen based on healthy ingredients helps to strengthen the organism and, together with physical activity, allows us to be strong to fight the virus.
Here are great healthy eating tips to strengthen the Immunity
1. Make the Purchase with a Conscience
The first rule is to make the purchase consciously. At home, there should always be seasonal fruit and vegetables, if possible, fresh. Vegetables contain minerals, vitamins and micronutrients, which are essential for strengthening the immune system.
- In addition, whole grain cereals, fish, eggs, white meats (chicken and turkey), quality dairy products (yoghurt, cottage cheese, cured parmesan …) should not be missing from the shopping list.
- They are essential ingredients so that, throughout the week, you can always have a complete meal.
- Specialists advise making a shopping list, writing the menu of the week with the children and making the purchase based on that menu.
2. New Recipes to Combine the Good Ingredients
Another useful tip is to rely on new recipes, asking for the collaboration of the children of the house. You can work with ingredients that are not usually used, or that have never been used, and make different combinations, also using spices.
Any dish that might arouse your curiosity goes well. Let’s experiment with new salty or sweet cakes that can whet your appetite and provide the necessary nutrients.
3. Rediscover Breakfast
To ensure a good diet, capable of supporting the body in a delicate period, it is advisable to bet on a good breakfast, which should be taken without haste.
To make it more attractive, for example, we can start with some pancakes, as if we were on vacation.
4. Coronavirus and Diet: It is convenient to Drink a Lot
Another fundamental point has to do with hydration. You need to drink a lot, and not only water but also homemade juices and smoothies.
- The blender is the ideal instrument because it works at a lower speed and extracts less fibre.
- Many different fruits and vegetables can be mixed, to get the benefits of all of them, as well as the good sugars of the fruit and the benefits of water, which is present in greater quantity in vegetables.
- Likewise, the remains of fruits and vegetables from the blender can be used to prepare recipes for muffins and savoury cakes, or vegetable dumplings.
5. An Essential Element: Proteins
For the Coronavirus and diet equation to work, there is one element that should never be missing from your plate: protein.
- It is important that they are always combined with carbohydrates, which help to balance the peaks of glycemia and provide a greater feeling of satiety. Thus, snacks and industrial pastries are avoided between meals.
- Proteins are also very important in breakfast, for example, eggs. Instead, dairy should not be taken more than a couple of days a week.
- For a change, a portion of homemade sponge cake is also good, enriched with a spreadable cream of hazelnuts or almonds, or with non-industrial peanut butter.
- Regarding main meals, preference should be given to quality cured ham, fish, which should be eaten often, turkey and chicken, while red meat should only be eaten once a week.
6. When We Eat, we must use Common Sense
Nourishing the body with quality also means eating consciously. How?
- Avoiding having the television on while we are at the table and making lunch and dinner moments to share with our own.
- In this way, we can focus on chewing. At the immune level, little chewing is harmful, since low-grade inflammations can be generated, which in the long term can lead to intolerances and digestive problems.
- Let’s opt for conscious eating, eating calmly and paying attention to what we put in our mouths. On the contrary, let’s avoid emotional eating, that is, eating to overcome emotional discomfort, a compensation mechanism that damages our health.