Preventing diseases and strengthening our health is in our power. For this, it is essential that we take care of our eating habits. In our daily diet there are certain nutrients that cannot be lacking. This is the case of vitamin B. Do you know what foods are rich in this vitamin? Take note!.
The importance of vitamin B in the diet
Among the main benefits of the consumption of this vitamin are:
- It is directly involved in the production of red blood cells.
- The lack of this vitamin can cause anemia (this is the case of the absence of vitamins B6 and B12).
- It is recommended for women who want to get pregnant (B12).
- Vitamin B6 helps strengthen the immune system and increases defenses.
- It is beneficial to combat states of depression, anxiety and other emotional disorders.
- Helps regeneration of muscles.
- The cobalamin that it contains helps development and growth in children.
- Improves memory.
- Take care of the health of the heart and arteries.
- Keeps the nervous system in good condition.
- Provides the necessary energy for the body.
Foods rich in vitamin B
The vitamin B complex can be found in many foods:
They are one of the foods that contain the most vitamin B complex: B1, B2, B3, B9 and B12.
In addition, they have few calories so this fish is ideal for a balanced diet.
Among those that contain the highest amount of this vitamin are chickpeas, lentils, peas, soybeans, beans and lima beans.
Here we can find a great source of vitamin B (B12, B6, B2 and B1).
It is another of the fish rich in vitamin B (B1, B2, B3, and B6) and contains Omega 3 fatty acids that prevent serious diseases and reduce blood cholesterol.
In the viscera of animals we find a high concentration of this vitamin. In this case, the amount of B12 is 80 micrograms of per 100 grams of liver. In addition, this food has a large amount of protein, healthy fats and minerals.
We find it mainly in seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, flax, etc.) and in walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts and peanuts.