It is true that doctors can give some recommendations to try to increase the quantity and quality of sperm, but they are not miraculous, since there may be anatomical or endocrine problems in which men cannot produce sperm. Some healthy guidelines that all men with oligozoospermia should follow include the following:
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco, and drugs.
- Exercising regularly improves blood circulation, increases blood flow to the testicles and promotes sperm synthesis.
- A healthy and balanced diet, with natural antioxidants present in fruits and vegetables, will improve the survival and mobility of sperm and prevent their oxidation.
- Perform relaxation techniques such as meditation or yoga to reduce stress, since it reduces the vitality of the sperm and makes erection difficult.
- Avoid saunas, hot baths, tight clothing, the computer on the legs, etc., since these habits increase the scrotal temperature and hinder the formation of sperm.