There are physical causes that can produce infertility and create serious problems when looking for pregnancy. They are causes proven by science and that respond, for example, to genetic causes, diseases such as endometriosis or polycystic ovaries or the fact that the future mother is over 35 years old.
However, science has also studied other possible reasons for the problems of achieving pregnancy and has come to determine 10 possible and surprising causes that can create many difficulties in conception.
10 surprising reasons why you can’t get pregnant
When the pregnancy does not come, the couple begins to get nervous. Will it be a physical problem? A problem with him? Or a problem with her? They look for diseases, causes related to a specific problem … And yet, the reason is not always so clear.
Science has discovered other possible reasons for infertility that are related neither to endometriosis, nor to the mother’s age nor to possible inherited genetic problems, but to these other surprising causes:
- Obesity of the mother … and of the father. It has been known for a long time that the obesity of the future mother directly affects her fertility, but now it has also been shown that the obesity of the couple also influences. Couples whose two members are obese take almost 60% more time to achieve pregnancy.
- A workplace with high physical demands. A Harvard study showed that women whose job required them to lift heavy weights had more trouble getting pregnant because they had fewer mature eggs. High physical demands seem to make conception difficult.
- Stressful work and shifting shifts. Another cause of infertility, according to the study by experts from the Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health, has to do with workload. Women with work with a lot of stress and who suppose a constant change of rhythm and shifts, cause their circadian rhythm and sleep to be altered, which in turn affects fertility.
- Stress and obsession with conceiving. Many women do not explain why they do not become pregnant. They try and there is no way, despite the doctors assuring him that there is nothing to stop him. Do you know what the reason may be? Stress! The mere fact of obsessing about achieving pregnancy, trigger the levels of alpha-amylase, a marker of stress, and that plays a trick on female fertility. If you want to achieve pregnancy, don’t obsess, relax and run away from stress.
- Too much gym. Yes, sport is good and very healthy, but everything in its proper measure. Couples who become obsessed in the gym, in the end, subject the body to an excess of exercise that also influences when looking for the baby. A study revealed that women who spent more than 5 hours a week in the gym took much longer to achieve pregnancy.
- The sedentary life of the father. It turns out that the problems of achieving pregnancy are not just about the woman, but the man also has a lot to say about it. In this case, it has been shown that in couples where the man does not exercise enough and prefers the sedentary life of television, they have a poorer quality of semen, and therefore, more problems in obtaining conception.
- Excess processed meat. There are numerous studies regarding the problems of eating too much-processed meat . and one of them is related, precisely, to fertility. For example, it has been shown that men who base their diet on the consumption of hamburgers, hot dogs, bacon … have sperm with much-reduced mobility. Her sperm move slower and this makes pregnancy difficult. The comparison, in this case, was with that of men who fed more on white meats (turkey, chicken …) … who turned out to be much more successful when conceiving.
- Smartphone in the pocket. The men have to keep the cell phone in their pants pocket. A big mistake. Numerous studies have shown that having electronic devices near the testicles worsens the quality of semen. It may be due to the emission of electromagnetic waves and the heat given off by mobile phones, which hinders the production of semen.
- Too much … or not enough sex. Many couples think that the more sexual encounters they have, the easier it is to achieve pregnancy. It is not like this. The important thing is to locate the fertile days. Having too much sex worsens the quality and quantity of sperm available. In contrast, having little sex obviously affects the possibilities of conception.
- Smoke. You have already heard this. It is not a myth. Smoking makes conception difficult and also poses a risk to the future baby. If you are thinking of quitting … it is time!