Has your baby been 11 months old? Surely, you will be in the first steps stage, or approaching it, keeping in mind that each child follows his own rhythm.
Do you want to know if you can already eat everything? Or what if your teeth aren’t out yet?
We explain everything you need to know about the development and growth of eleven-month-old babies.
Growth and development of your 11-month-old baby
At around eleven months, you will hear many experienced moms telling you, “It is a very beautiful but exhausting age. ” Why?
- His first steps still require help and your back could pay the consequences.
- If your baby has already begun to take his first steps, you will see that, with each passing day, his stability is greater and he moves more safely.
- If you need your hands to walk, you will spend a few weeks a little uncomfortable, due to the forced posture. It is important that you do some exercises to strengthen your back and lower back, and be careful with sudden gestures.
Regarding language development, these are the most significant advances this month:
- He may start following simple commands, like “give me your hand” or “take the ball”.
- His language continues to develop at high speed: now, he begins to imitate sounds and intonations of voice.
- Remember that you must reinforce the consolidation of the foundations of language by interacting with the child every time he attempts to communicate with you: respond, “talk” and encourage him at all times. You will see incredible progress!
It should be noted also that the memory of your baby is now wider. How can you check it?
- Remember many things and your retention will increase over time.
- At this stage, in addition to turning around in response to his name, he will recognize familiar objects and faces, remember where his toys are kept or the snacks that you give him between meals and that he likes so much.
- It has also started to develop long-term memory and has a greater capacity to store and retrieve information. Each time he will remember his experiences for a longer time, so, for example, if grandparents live outside and do not see them very often, when he does, it will not take him long to remember them again.
Feeding your 11-month-old baby
At this age, you should have already introduced almost all the foods into your diet, the same ones that you eat. What else should you consider?
- The important thing is that they are simple preparations, with few seasonings (better if the seasonings are added raw at the end of cooking).
- Don’t worry if your child doesn’t show appreciation of solid foods at first or rejects new flavors – he needs time to learn to accept them.
- In addition, breast milk, or artificial milk, continues to be a complete and balanced meal.
- In any case, it is always better to introduce food gradually, to avoid the risk of allergies. It is good to remember that there is no valid rule for all children.
ATTENTION! Although it may seem that your baby is older and that, perhaps, you could give him a taste of cow’s milk, wait a little more! Before 12 months, you should not offer cow’s milk. From the year, however, it is preferable to give a growth milk, especially designed for children between 1 and 3 years.
Your 11-month-old baby’s dream
What can you do if your little one doesn’t want to go to sleep at night ?
- Precisely because now he begins to be more active and participate more and more in the lives of adults, sometimes he likes to spend more time playing with mom and dad (who, on the other hand, are usually very tired).
- To avoid this inconvenience, it is important to establish a constant ritual that the little one gets used to, such as giving him dinner, bathing him, and then putting him in his crib. In this way he gradually becomes accustomed to the idea that bedtime is approaching.
ADVICE! In addition to the usual routines to promote relaxation and sleep, there are reinforcement objects that have a positive effect on the transition to sleep, such as a toy suitable for the child’s age and leaving a point of light on where the little one sleeps.
Tips and well-being for your 11-month-old baby
Around the year, the child needs to experiment with everything around him. What can we expect?
- Often uses bites to get to know the objects and people closest to them. The bites of the child between 10 months and year are not worrisome and neither are a sign of aggressive behavior or rudeness.
- Through the mouth and bites, the child discovers the world around him in the same way as he does with his hands, games, touch or sight. It is an attitude that you will lose over time, but to help you understand that you should not do that, you need to make it clear to you that biting is not appropriate or correct. I mean
- You have to make it clear from the first moment, because now your little one already enjoys playing with other children, with whom he will “chat” and whom he will imitate and observe closely.
Your child has likely developed a special bond with an object or toy such as a dou-dou, blanket, or stuffed animal. What is the so-called “transitional object” for?
- This object will be ideal to minimize the effects of separation anxiety that we have already spoken about, whether it is left in the care of a caregiver while the parents work or the grandparents when you feel like doing a getaway alone.
- If your little one finds his object of attachment, it is likely that it will be difficult for him to fall asleep if he is not accompanied by it.
REMEMBER! Does your baby still have no teeth and are you worried? Quiet! Although most babies at this age have already had some teeth blunted, it is not uncommon for the first one to appear when they are around one year old. As in everything, each baby’s teeth follow their own rhythm. Consult your pediatrician for added peace of mind.
What an 11-month-old baby does
At eleven months, he is very curious about the figures that appear in books, he looks around to find toys or other objects that can amuse him, and he likes jokes a lot.
- From 11 months, if he is taken by the arms, he tries to take his first steps. In either case, he is able to stand upright when held by an arm.
- He also has fun spreading everything that reaches his hands or throwing and relaunching the rattle from the high chair,
- The little one is already able to perfectly understand his name and immediately turn around when someone calls him.
- Mom and Dad say clearly, showing that they know who they want to call or pointing while talking.
- It also interrupts what you are doing if you say “no”.
- Few children speak before their first birthday, which is not a special sign of intelligence.
Children have their own language. Sometimes they summarize an entire word in a single syllable. In other cases, they use sounds that allow the object in question to be identified: “chuf-chuf” means “train” and “wow-wow” means “dog”. What matters is that adults do not use this language, but address the child using the right words, with their exact pronunciation.